Sunday, October 25, 2020

Week of October 26th

 Reminder:  Friday is Costume Day!


Greetings!

It was wonderful getting to meet with so many of you last week.  If you were unable to schedule a conference or make your scheduled meeting and would still like to meet, please contact me to set a meeting up.  
A couple of points that I shared during conferences are 1.  I always allow students to revise and resubmit work that they are not satisfied with.  If they are willing to use the feedback that I give to improve, they can receive full credit.  2.  Students should check grades regularly and read feedback by clicking on the grades option in their course menu.  I have demonstrated how to do this multiple times for the students.  3.  I am always willing to meet with students who need help or support with assignments.
Thank you for all of the ways that you support your scholars and me as well.

5th Grade

The fifth grade continues to work through Thunder Rolling in the Mountains.  This week we are working on crafting a contrasting paragraph to show the differing cultural values and beliefs of the groups involved in the conflict.


6th Grade

The sixth grade is about half way through our novel, Bud, Not Buddy.  The students are analyzing the hardships that people experienced during the Great Depression and how they are depicted in the story.



No comments:

Post a Comment