Sunday, October 4, 2020

Week of October 5th

 Welcome October!

Important Dates:

  • Friday, October 2nd - mid term for quarter 1
  • Monday, October 5th - Ms Anzick in Training - NO MEETS
  • Friday, October 16th - School Closed for Students

Greetings:

October is here and the chilly weather has come.  I hope you are finding time to enjoy the outdoors and this lovely weather.  I have a training for Wit and Wisdom on Monday, October 5th so I will miss meeting with your scholars on that day.  They can go to their Reading Course (5th grade) or English Course (6th grade) to find the planner with their video and work for the day.  I will have my phone and can check in on messages from time to time so students may still message me with Schoology questions.
Friday marked the half way point in our first quarter.  I have been working with students who need help to get caught up on work.  If you have not already done so, I would suggest creating a parent account for Schoology to keep up to date on your scholar's progress with work and concept mastery.  You will get weekly updates, but can request feedback more often if you would like.  You also have access to your child's course information as well.  Please contact me with questions or concerns.  In addition, please remind your scholar that they can also ask for help at any time.  I schedule small groups and individual help daily.  I truly want my students to be able to do their best and communication is key to that goal.  If I do not know there is a problem, I cannot help.  
It is a privilege to work with your children.  I really do enjoy our Meets and interactions.

5th Grade Update:

This week in 5th Grade, we are continuing to work on identifying the main idea and details found in informational text.  After more practice, we will take that skill one step further with summarizing the text using the main idea and details this week.  For more information about our lessons and work schedule, please check out the Lesson Slideshow and the planner linked below.  

6th Grade Update:

This week in 6th Grade, we will continue reading Bud, Not Buddy.  We will look at how the character's actions help us get to know more about their traits and their motives.  Students will also continue to practice writing about reading and add citations to their responses to be more specific with their evidence to support their writing.  For more information about our lessons or the work schedule this week, check out the Lesson Slideshow  and Planner linked below.








No comments:

Post a Comment