Sunday, November 22, 2020

Thanksgiving Week

 Happy Holiday!  

I know that this year has been a year of challenges and trials, but hopefully, you have found many reasons to be thankful as well.  This year I have learned to be thankful for the simple things like having time to make a hot breakfast every morning, wearing jeans to work, teaching barefoot, having my dog in class, teaching on the go (Seattle and Ocean City), and video meetings with each of you are just a few of those small things.  Would I rather be in class with your scholars?   Absolutely, I would prefer being in person; however, I appreciate the ability we have to learn and grow while still keeping ourselves safe.  Thank you for the support you give to me and to your students as well.  I am very grateful for each of you and for your sweet kiddos; they make my day.  I will continue to look for things to be thankful for as we move forward; I hope you do too.


5th Grade

The students are really doing a great job with class discussions about character motives, mood, and plot.  This week will be short but nonetheless busy.  We will be analyzing Sound of Running Feet's interactions with the settlers and her reactions to them and their ways.  Students should be up to chapters 13 and 14 by now.   I have started setting aside the last day of each week as a Catch Up Day for assignments.  This week's catch up day will be Tuesday.  Please check with your student to make sure they have completed all 4 of the assignments for the quarter so far.  Assignments are listed in the planner on Tuesday's To Do.  Students can also click the grades link in the course menu to see their work as well as grades and feedback.


6th Grade

We are quickly wrapping up Bud, Not Buddy.  This week we will compare Bud's experience with jazz music and the band to our experience listening to jazz.  We will also do a quick comprehension check of chapters 16 and 17.  Please check with your scholar to make sure they are up to date on assignments.  I have started allowing students to get started on their work in class so that I am available to answer questions and give support for writing.  I will continue to keep this up moving forward.  I have also started setting Fridays aside as a Catch Up Day for work.  This week's catch up day will be Tuesday.  Please check with your student to make sure they have completed all 3 of the assignments for the quarter so far.  Assignments are listed in the planner on Tuesday's To Do.  Students can also click the grades link in the course menu to see their work as well as grades and feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment